Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What's On Your Nightstand: June


The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.

Currently Reading:

The Princess of Celle by Jean Plaidy
Does it count if I haven't picked it up in a week or two?! I have every intention of finishing it. But. I've been distracted lately. (Watching six seasons of LOST almost marathon-style will do it, I suppose!)


The Birth of Britain (History of the English Speaking People #1). Winston Churchill.
Some chapters I love. Some chapters, well, not so much. Some are very boring. I won't lie. This one ends around the time of Richard III. I want to finish it. I'm very curious to learn his opinions!






Is He Popenjoy? by Anthony Trollope
I haven't been faithfully reading this one either. I've been reading it since May! I only have a few hundred pages left. I don't want to not finish. But again with the distractions!

Earth Awakens by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston
I want to be in the mood to love this book. But I'm not quite there. It's hard to read current series where you have to wait a year between books, it's hard to get back into the story and the characters after so much time. I do want to finish before it's due at the library though.

Want to be reading:

Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit
I always start out the year with an "Impossible Dream" idea of how many books I can read in a year. I had wanted to read all of E. Nesbit's books this year. I have read a good many, but, I need to get very busy reading if I want to finish this goal. This is the next book up.



An Autobiography. Agatha Christie.

This book is a chunkster. It is on my 2014 TBR reading challenge list. If I want to finish it this year, it would be best to start it now in the summer!

The Dog Who Could Fly: The Incredible True Story of a WWII Airman and the Four-Legged Hero Who Flew At His Side. Damien Lewis.
This nonfiction book sounds fascinating!

Mission at Nuremberg by Tim Townsend
Another nonfiction book that sounds worthy!


© 2014 SukaYuka.com of SukaYuka's Book Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment